Old Lahn Bridge
The old bridge over the Lahn River was built in the second half of the 13th century and first documented in 1288. It was on the trade route from Frankfurt to Cologne in the Middle Ages. To increase its stability, the piers of the bridge were equipped with icebreakers. The bridge is supported by altogether seven arches. Gate towers once flanked both ends of the bridge, but these were torn down in the first half of the 19th century.