Tourist-Information Wetzlar, Domplatz 8
In the first half of the 14th century, a municipal customhouse was erected here in which all merchants who were passing through Wetzlar were required to have their wares weighed and taxed. Products of local craftsmen were also inspected and given seals of approval.
In 1690, the town hall moved here into a building which burnt to the ground in 1779. By 1790, the new town hall was completed. In 1911, the town hall relocated. The Tourist Information Office is now located here.
To the left of the main entry is a model of the Wetzlar ell, a unit of measure from the Middle Ages equalling 2 “shoes” or, in modern terms, 57.6 centimetres.