The Imperial Chamber of Justice Museum
Known as the Avemann House, it was built in the mid-18th century by the assessor Baron Johann Hermann Franz von Pape, commonly known as Papius, and rented to members of the Imperial Chamber of Justice and their families. Lieutenant Colonel von Avemann owned this house in the early 19th century. A variety of schools used the building from 1836 to 1940. After that, it was first used as a residence, then for other municipal functions. In 1987, the Imperial Chamber of Justice Museum was opened here. A facsimile of Goethe’s matriculation as an intern at the courts on May 25, 1772, in his own handwriting, is exhibited here.