Old town hall
The cornerstone of the Imperial Chamber of Justice archives building was laid in 1782. The building had not yet been completed when the court was dissolved in 1806. In 1852 the county court, later the district court, moved into the building which had finally been completed. Wetzlar’s town hall was here from 1911 to 1996. Today, the building houses the registrar’s office, the office for patronage of eastern German songs, and the historical archives of Wetzlar.