Half-timbered house named “Zum Reichsapfel” (To the Imperial Apple)
This half-timbered house dating from 1607 has distinctive jutting windows. According to the inscription to the left below the window, the house bore the name “Zur Sonne” (“To the Sun”) up to the end of the 18th century. After that, it became known as “Zum Reichsapfel” (To the Imperial Apple) in reference to the carving of the imperial orb on the vertical beam below the windows. The inscriptions on the main vertical beams on both eave sides are taken from the Psalms.